Filing as Single $60-$99*
Why file with us?
Here at our firm, we believe in challenging the industry standard, and looking at every situation from multiple angles. To do this, we encourage our clients to come talk to us in order to fully understand their financial goals. When your filing status is single, it may seem as if the tax code is working against you, but nothing can be further from the truth. This is the best time to invest in your future and yourself.
If you FILe WITH US, You will:
- Get your taxes done
- Be guaranteed your optimal tax return
- Learn a tax-free way to save for the future
- Have year-round advice on your tax situation
- Have representation before the IRS
*Disclaimer: The above heading is an estimated amount the average client may pay if they are filing as "Single" and chooses whether or not to itemize their deductions*
SHOULD I ITEMIZE MY TAX DEDUCTIONS?
You should only itemize if your below-the-line deductions are over the standard deduction of $6,350 (Single) given for tax year 2017.
WHAT IS A BELOW-THE-LINE DEDUCTION?
A below-the-line deduction includes any eligible expenses you paid from the following categories:
- Medical Expenses
- Professional Services (e.g. surgeons, dentists, psychiatrists, etc.), Prescriptions, Insurance, Medicare(Part B), etc.
- Taxes Paid
- State/Local Income Tax, or State/Local Sales Tax
- Real Estate, ETC
- Interest Expense
- Individual Interest, Investment Interest, Mortgage Interest, Qualified Point, Etc
- Charitable Contributions
- Must be made to qualifying organizations.
- Casualty Losses
- Casualty losses are losses that are caused by events beyond your control, such as fire, floods, theft, storms, etc.
- Itemized Deduction Subject To 2% AGI Limitation
- If you wish to learn more about what is subject to 2% AGI Limitations, click here for the IRS.GOV Article.
- Miscellaneous Itemized Deduction Not Subject To 2% AGI Limitation
- If you wish to learn more about what is not subject to 2% AGI Limitation, click here for the IRS.GOV Article.